So, this morning I received my weekly recipes from Lynn Rossetto Kasper at the Splendid Table and she recommended a website that tells you what produce is typically exposed to the most pesticides. So, from that you will know which ones you should scrub like crazy, or absolutely pay the organic price for (peaches & grapes for instance), if you can afford it, and which ones it's maybe not so critical.
I have had one really amazing friend die from esophageal cancer, and I have several breast cancer surviving friends, and while we don't know what caused any of that, let's try to minimize the risks from exposure.
Foodnews.org
And while I am at it, I will also make my plug for every house to have a carbon monoxide detector and that you change your smoke detectors after 10 years. Their sensitivity does wear out. After a couple of years of volunteering for the Red Cross, I know the value of these things.
keep whistling...