It's all about loyalty. When do you know it's okay to bring in a new kitten. I felt that I was being disloyal to Chi Chi. But little tiny Moitié came to me in nearly the same way Chi Chi did. She needed a home, and someone thought she would be a good match. Well she has fit right in.
And the more she is around us, of course the more we just lover her to death. At less than 4 pounds when she arrived, she needed a few days to bulk up, drink up and sleep off the days of neglect in a very cold winter.
After about 3 days though, she started to perk up, and definitely has a very independent, and completely fearless streak. She will be her own girl. She even bounced back so quickly from being spade the staff at the vet office were surprised, and she is up over 5 pounds. She is tiny! but has a full set of adult teeth, so it was time to spade her.
It's nice to have her around. She's got a great purr, and she really doesn't meow - it's a squeak, but it's kind of cute, and she is quite chatty. I have been telling her all about the princess kitty who came before her, but I also told her to have no fear, there was plenty of room in our house and our hearts for this little bit.
Welcome home, Moitié.