Chateau Ecouen, Home of the Museum of Renaissance Art.
Catherine and I went to see La Parfum, what we thought was going to be an entertaining story about the perfume industry, and its quirkier people. The film was in english with french subtitles, referred to as "version originale" or "VO" here. It wasn't a light drama. It's more like the movie SEVEN (deadly sins) with a "deadly intoxicating" aroma. It was way toooo violent and gore filled for me, but the scenery of the 18th century houses on the bridges over Paris was interesting.
Then, we tried again. We went to see "The Queen" with Helen Mirren. (Also in VO) It was a great little glimpse of a capsule of time (about three months) during England's drama with the election of Tony Blair and Queen Elizabeth's decisions at the time of Diana's death. I would recommend it to any anglophile. There are some great clips of Princess Diana, and only one of Camilla PB - Royal. I am sure Tony Blair loved it.
Then, it was on to Chartres with Lisa, Mary and Carole and Jen driving for the first official road trip! We had a full day, and lots of fun. I have some new pictures, but mainly of St. Gregory, who is now important because Gregory Olivier Beridon entered this world on Monday October 23rd I think - the same b-day as my mother! That's Saint Gregory in the middle wearing the bishop's hat.

Saturday, was my second roadtrip, this time with just Lisa and we went to the Museum of Renaissance Art - located in Ecouen, just north of Paris. It is really worth the trip, and will be a big hit if they ever get better public transportation out to there. I loved the Chateau and the grounds, and the surrounding town.
Then, as if that weren't enough, Sunday was a three hour walking tour of Pére LaChaise Cemetary. The graves were amazing. I am sharing a couple of my favorites, but I can't tell you what a beautiful fall afternoon it was. The sun shining through the mausoleum windows was glorius.