
On Nov 17th, 2005 I arrived in France with Chi Chi under my arm and had had no sleep on the overnight flight from Cincy. This year was much different. We went to dinner at some friends, after a day in the Louvre and lunch out with some more friends. What a difference a year makes.
I also had a great time in Cincy two weeks ago with my whole family, and with the whole country really, in a much better mood. After the Democratic wins in Hamilton County, Ohio and most of the country, I hope people will start to hope again. Not just grumble and complain and quit --- hope and envision improvements and success. That's what it will take to start making positive changes.
I wish I had a picture from hanging curtains at Grandma's. Pat and his Dad were my trusty helpers, and Grandma sat on the couch directing the workers like a queen on her throne. The result, beautiful french fabric gently covering just a little bit of her door, but adding a beautiful elegance to her living room, and Pat and his Dad getting to hang out for a few hours was icing on the cake.
Another great coup was Mom's fundraiser, where $20,000 was raised for the Clermont YWCA, with the help of Karla Grady, Grandma, and Mom's trusty side-kick, Stacey. It was a really great event. 200 women showed up for lunch and donated between $5 and $500 to help Clermont County begin to build a new service center. Charlene Ventura brought this amazing video that showed the effects of Domestic Violence, not just for the moment, but for the long-term. You can't watch it without crying.
Kim and Bette, Vic and the Spenos - all the neighbors were great. Steve and Cass, Dave & Nancy are all plugging along. I got to meet Gregory Olivier Beridon, my choice for Best New Democrat of 2006. It was a great trip home. I had only one complaint --- I never did get any turkey! I guess I will have to wait until I go to Colorado for a Christmas turkey, oh well, what's another month, when I have been waiting a whole year.