08 November 2009

I wish I had written down all the cheeses that we have tried here.


I knew that I would come up with a "why didn't I think of that earlier" idea. (Fear not, I have these all the time and usually sleep quite well once I decide there is actually some semblance of a solution). For this one though, I am still thinking, so I thought I would write it down.

We have tried literally hundreds! of cheeses while we were here. Pat likely remembers the names of many. Me - only a few. But last night we had a really nice cheese, and so I thought I would write it down - but now I can't remember the name....classic Jen.

I have learned to like cheese, a lot. I used to be rather a munster/gouda fan. Now, I still lean toward the mild stuff - but a good fresh chevre will make my mouth water.

In Tours, with Lisa, I had a chevre, mixed with herbs de provence and honey - then baked....ooooh was that good.


I have also come to appreciate a good hard cheese like Cantal. I know without photos this doesn't do much for you -- but those too are possible. I will get them at the market on Thursday.

Hang in there - this idea still has time to cure.
In the meantime, it's also mushroom season here.