But Pat is going to vote absentee. We got the ballot. It is a long one. I will be putting up my list of recommendations soon, but I had to start with this one.
You can be sure I have some strong opinions about who to vote for, and for anyone who wants more info - I will be happy to accomodate you. Just click on the comment button at the bottom of this entry, and that will send an email to me.
Go to Ohio Democratic Party, Hamilton County Democratic Party, or for a less partisan look try League of Women Voters, or the League of Conservation Voters for environmental issues, Planned Parenthood of Ohio for issues on Choice, Smoke Free Ohio, AFL-CIO for labor's endorsements and as if that weren't enough WCPO television has been running (for free) interviews with statewide and local candidates and that is up on their website. The links for all of these should be embedded in this blog. If these aren't the organizations that you are interested in, well, you are on the wrong blog.
I do however want to push one candidate in particular. Richard Cordray, for Treasurer for the State of Ohio
You may have remembered that I have worked for Rich's campaigns for years. He is friendly, smart, and a very pragmatic guy, with a plan for himself that he is delivering on, a plan for Franklin County, where he now is the treasurer, which he is also delivering on, and a plan for Ohio that I fully believe he will deliver on. He is a lawyer, a father, a community activist, and the kind of politician we can hope all community servants aspire to be.

A lot of voters will say they don't know why the Democrats constantly complain about the Rs but don't say what the Ds are going to do. I don't agree that we don't say what we are going to do, but...Richard Cordray has explicitly said what he is going to do and why he is going to do it from early on. He is working on ways to decrease the horrible rate of home foreclosures, he implemented a plan for people to pay their back taxes without losing their property, and enforced Franklin County's laws to make deadbeat corporations pay their fair share of property taxes.
You can read more about Rich and his endorsements at www.CordrayCommittee.com