Hamilton County Commission DAVID PEPPER http://www.davidpepper.com/ There is no question here about who I support, or why I support him, I support him in there, and his opponent out of there.
In case you are wondering, I not only believe we need more intelligent and thinking individuals on County Commission to join with Todd Portune, I also believe we need a massive overhaul of the county's tax structure, and I don't mean just that I am against the proposed tax levy to build a new jail. It is not right to raise a tax, fund a jail and create this boondoggle just to get re-elected. If we need these things, let's do it as part of a comprehensive plan for managing correctional services in our county, and let's incorporate services that are available to us outside the county, living wages and appropriate contractor bidding, and ... let's build it as part of a larger plan...
Judges
Hamilton County Ohio Court of Appeals Jim O'Reilly for Court of Appeals http://www.oreillyforjudge.com/ was recently endorsed by the Cincinnati Enquirer, and slammed by the Republicans for using his own money to fund his campaign -- now that's a switch! As opposed to just using his friends' money (ha ha ha - that just cracked me up - he can't use his own money because then you wouldn't know who he was beholden to... ha ha ha.)
Maybe we should talk about who is the party that believes in individual freedoms. Which party wants to protect your right to free speech, freedom to choose your sexual partner, freedom to choose your medical procedures, to write an email or make a cell call without being monitored, and your right to complain about your work or living conditions without fear of reprisal?
But, I digress...
Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Judge William Mallory Jr. - An excellent judge.
Hamilton County Juvenile Court - she is not the token Republican, but a thoughtful judge who truly wants to do a great job. Judge Karla Grady
If you live on the EAST SIDE of Cincinnati
Ohio Senate7th District Rick Smith - http://www.mrsmithgoestocolumbus.com/ Rick is new, idealistic, but committed to bringing his district up to speed on Columbus, and Columbus up to speed on us.
Ohio State House34th District- Steve Silver is soooo impressive and is running against someone who is really against 90% of everything I believe in, and I am hoping we can be done with him soon...http://www.silverforohio.com/
If you live on the WEST SIDE
Ohio Senate 9th District
- Keep Eric Kearney http://www.erickearney.com/ Eric's wife and I worked very hard on a citizen's police review committee several years ago. I believe he will be an open-minded, thoughtful and hard working representative. I only wish Jan Michelle was also a candidate!
- 28th District Connie Pillich - awesome candidate. Excellent feminist, lawyer, prior military service, mom, the whole thing. Friend of my Moms.http://www.conniepillich.com/