Living in France is always an adventure, and coming back to Cincy is supposed to be relaxing, but wow - this trip started out a little rocky. The landing wasn't so smooth, and then within 12 hours, my car and Kim's were broken into and someone tried to sell my stolen cell phone back to me for $5. The guy called my house and offered to sell it back to me! When the police arrived to arrest the guy (who was waiting for someone to give him $5) he was frisked, and the phone was retrieved, but he escaped before being arrested! Then, a few days later he called again furious that we had called the police in the first place. How did he know our phone number? He found it listed on the cell phone under .HOME After his second call he is being charged with at least telephone harassment, and the charges will keep piling up.
I don't want to dwell on the bad news. The trip was destined to get better. After a marvelous cookout on Sat. with a bunch of great friends, and then a home cooked meal with Dad and Leba on Sunday, I remembered why I lost 25 pounds while living in France. Other highlights of the trip have been a great dinner with the McDs and Grandma at the Brazenhead Pub and tonight was the fabulous Cincinnati reception for Julia and Kyle (see It's Aout so we must be in Allemagne). Spending two evenings in a row with first Kim, then Lou, and then Grandma is my idea of wonderful. It makes me realize just how much of a homebody I am. I have worked everyday, had a great haircut and I had tea with Babette today, went to Coffee Emporium for a delightful chat, and then had a political meeting. Top the day off with dinner with Grandma, and now you know why I like living in Cincinnati.
Cornelia said the beauty of returning home is that you get everyone's undivided attention when you go away and then return. I agree,the attention is fabulous, so however you do it, I hope all of you get a chance to go home once in awhile - I am really happy to be here, even if it's just for 10 days out of every 90.