20 April 2006

VOTE May 2nd, Especially if you are in Cincinnati OHIO

This is my biannual reminder to vote. I know you are surprised given I am in France, and it is only April - but there is an important primary election Tuesday May 2nd in Ohio and many states in the US. By the way, you can vote absentee in Ohio this year, no fault voting, but you have to request a ballot in writing from your board of elections.

First let me tell you who I am endorsing - and know that these are my personal picks - not any state or local party is endorsing this slate, of course they are all Dems, what are you crazy? All of these candidates have primary opponents. They might not all be on your ballot, depending on where you live, and none of them will be on a REP ballot. You have a choice of ballots this election because it's a primary. It is one of the few choices we still get in this day and age....choose wisely...

Okay - why is it important to support this list? THESE ARE OVER ACHIEVERS and that is what this state, county, country needs.

The time for the lying, cheating, stealing and playing fast and loose with our nickles is over....

VOTE FOR:
*Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio - Psychologist, Farmer, Great Guy, and has been in Congress for a long time.
*Maria Ferro, State Central Committee woman, only on east side of Cincinnati ballots
*Subodha Chandra, AG state of Ohio
*Eve Bolton, State Rep in downtown area
*Vic Wulsin for Congress east side of Cincy
*Constance Lighthall State Central Committee woman, Clermont county and east
*Richard Cordray for State of Ohio Treasurer

Maria Ferro is running for my seat in the State Democratic Party. Now you know I don't part with that easily, and you probably have already heard from me about her, so you know I put great faith in her energy, commitment and enthusiasm. I have known of her hard work for about three years. She is friendly, vibrant and full of good ideas and delivers. She could use a $10 contribution from you - especially if you have ever supported me in the past. Maria Ferro is mounting a strong campaign - and she has spent almost $3000 to keep my seat. email me and I will tell you how to contribute to her campaign.

Richard Cordray, brilliant, hardworking and a man with a plan. He has good name recognition around the state already, has a lot of experience legislating, arguing and coming up with sound financial ideas. He has been the treasurer of Franklin County for awhile, and his statewide campaign experience, and networks give him my favorite candidate status. Rich received the Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation’s Presidential Award for his work supporting legal services for the poor. In 2000, the Human Rights Campaign recognized him as its Humanitarian of the Year, an organization that I have belonged to for a few years, and did not know he had been honored by! I was impressed that this summer, American City and County magazine named Richard Cordray as the “County Leader of the Year” nationally for 2005. He no longer has a primary opponent, but until last week he did.

There are going to be several candidates on your ballot that are not going to be contested. I want you to remember and watch for them in the fall ---

  • Jim O'Reilly for Court of Appeals ; and
  • Connie Pillich, for State Rep;
  • and if you are in Warren County - Jeff Ruppert, a great first time candidate, and who has a great political acumen, a political family name, and even better his wife is a good friend and a psychologist!

    Also Jennifer Brunner is running for Secretary of State and can clean up the election process in Ohio given the chance. Of course you should sign up for a yard sign and/or write a check or something for Sherrod Brown - we can take back the senate, and win Ohio and the nation in 2008.

    I am going to be home to canvass and get out the vote the week before and of the election. Call HCDP and volunteer. Tell Chandra you want to canvass with me.

    VOTE May 2nd