Coming home brings a mixed bag of emotions, but most of them are good. It is such a whirlwind, and I always wish I had more time, but I miss Chi Chi and she doesn't travel well. This trip home has been very good. I have spent time with friends, saw the new Dem HQ and have no doubt Chandra will whip it into shape right away. I have my new bike fork, headset and parts from BioWheels and can hope it will work, and I filled the fish pond, and will work in my own yard for awhile today.
Most of this past week was filled with work stuff. But the joys included lunches with various girlfriends, and dinners with a couple more. I toured friends houses to see their new kitchens/master bedrooms, and hopefully foyer/atriums. I went to my usual haunts for Indian food, turkey burgers and iced tea.
I hung out on Tom's porch, just catching up ~ but not gossipping! I met the politicos at the new HQ and definitely caught up on the gossip there. I had dinner at the St. Antonitus Spaghetti Dinner and seeing catholics feast for two bucks was entertaining, to say the least. But the definite highlight was seeing Jake Speed and the Freddies at the Southgate House.
If you haven't heard the Freddies yet, you are really missing some great music, and if you haven't seen them live you have deprived yourself of some quality entertainment. Jake tells a story like nobody's business. He uses Cincinnati peculiarities to suggest his songs, and his clever delivery is nearly upstaged by his awesome guitar playing and the musicians who dare to stand next to him. If you like cutting wit, excellent guitar and mandolin picking, or if you just want to smile about a little city with great history- listen to Jake Speed and the Freddies.
Want a little scavenger hunt? Tell me where Jack Slade was born and what threatens my local cup of coffee in a local coffee cup?