Well traveling with Vic is certainly first class. Our hotel suite at the Grand Hotel Vienna is bigger than the second floor of either of my houses! The opulence is amazing.
We started exploring last night and our first stop was a former Austrian castle that now houses a conference center, but also the remaining former Austrian royal family, so we've been told. We saw a performance of Mozart, this the 250th anniversary year of his birth. The strings ensemble was very beautiful (but not more glam than Vic and I, who were beautifully dressed and coiffed!) and then we were entertained by some ballet and a classical waltz, all to Mozart of course.
I will have to add the photos later, but believe me, it's beautiful here. The buildings are not only obviously old, but they are enormous, like the Louvre with fabulous statues towering over the center of the cobblestone courtyards.
Today, I am off to explore the city. Vic is in conferences all day, so we are hoping she is going to get out early, and I will know the lay of the land so we can get on the hunt for fabulous.