This is from a postcard by Magritte. All rights reserved, so you can't copy it or sell it.Pat Garry recently turned me on to a website called Tut Adventurer's Club. Now there is a lot of hokieness there, but they send out very enjoyable emails every day. My friend Cheryl started sending out snippets daily several years ago, and I really look forward to them. They are quotes that she finds interesting. This is a little different from forwarding all the blonde jokes, and other forwards that come through daily, but it is the same concept - keeping in touch through the internet.
I went to see a Renée Magritte exhibit last week, in fact I went to two of them. Magritte's famous paintings are about making us think about our reality. He painted the men in the bowler hats raining from the sky. He also painted the woman riding the horse in the woods, and the woods are woven around the picture of the woman. Kind of like reality and perception. I also saw an exhibit of his family photos, he had quite a sense of humor, and was very zany. We all have a reality, but we interpret every second of it. We can interpret it as all negative, and according to the Tutters then that is what we will get, or we can interpret it as positive.
I am a positive person. I have trained? myself to say, well if that had to happen, at least (fill in the blank) didn't happen. I start my day with a hopeful expectation that it will be good. It lets me laugh at most of the small things, and find the silver lining in a disaster. It is not everyone's reality, it is only mine. That's the point Magritte was making, no one else owns your reality, only you do, and only you can control how you perceive it.
So is the glass half full or half empty? If you add a couple of ice cubes and a slice of lemon it looks fuller!