Lessons learned during our adventures abroad. Where do Feminism, autonomy and true love intersect?
26 April 2008
Flat Stanley does Paris
Hello Max,
Flat Stanley here. I just wanted you to know that I have been having a great time in Paris. I arrived on Wednesday and was delivered by a mailman on a bicycle. Jenny introduced me to the Scan Stanley and we decided I would be the one to have all the fun from now on.
Friday was a really big day. We went to Paris. We started out walking through her neighborhood to catch the train. We waited for the bus, but must have just missed it, so we walked about ten minutes to the train station. On the way we passed a mailbox and I asked to have my picture taken there.
Then we took a train in to Paris from Jenny's house. She lives in the suburbs of Paris on the east side. We met Carole, another American who lives in Paris with her four sons and her husband. Carole and Jenny took me all around Paris. Did you see how big the Eiffel Tower is? It's really tall. We took the subway called the Metro (did you see me holding on to the door?) from the Eiffel Tower to the Seine River. The river and the Metro run right through the middle of Paris and sometimes the Metro crosses under the river in a big tunnel! Sometimes it crosses over it on bridges.
Next, we stopped at some statue that Jenny can't remember the name of, and we found a French flag. It is the same colors as our flag, but the french don't say "Red, White & Blue," they say "bleu, blanc, rouge" and that means blue, white and red.
Today we are going to the market to do our grocery shopping. They eat a lot of cheese and bread here and drink very good wine. I am not old enough to drink wine, but maybe I will come back when I am an adult.
That's it for now, are you getting my postcards?
I will write more from Greece,
Flat Stanley

